Last Update: August 28, 2019
Information We Collect
Information Collected from You
Some collected information may not fall under the definition of personal information and may not be subject to all obligations contained herein or set forth by applicable laws and regulations.
We collect information you voluntarily share with us either through the Application interface (e.g. by filling out a form, sending us a copy of your receipts or otherwise) or otherwise. Such information may include:
- Your full name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Physical address;
- Country of residence;
- Date of birth ;
- Consumption and purchasing habits;
- Information about your participation in Birre & Co. reward program, such as your number of points and selected rewards.
- Any document you upload to the Application, including pictures of bills and your profile pictures;
- Information you communicate to us through the Application or by email;
- Information transmitted by social networking sites or applications (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, etc.) in any case where you interact with profiles held or controlled by Birre & Co. on such social networking platforms. These sites or platforms could be governed by other policies regarding personal information which may also be applicable.
Information Collected Automatically
Some information is collected automatically while you browse or use the Application. This information may include:
- Your computer IP address;
- Your browser settings and operating system;
- Your mobile device settings if you are accessing the Application from a mobile device;
- Identification number of your mobile device;
- Location data and geographical coordinates, if you authorized the Application to access your mobile device location data;
- Pages visited, items viewed and clickstream data;
Sensitive financial information with respect to payments made through the Application is stored by our payment processing provider, Stripe, and is not available to Birre & Co.
How We Use Collected Information
We use collected information to:
- send you cash backs on your purchases;
- Contact you about our products and services;
- Send automated emails to confirm email addresses or our receipt of a request from you;
- Process your transactions;
- Respond to your inquiries about our products and services;
- Perform analyses about our customers;
- Build databases from information on our actual and potential customers;
- Personalise your experience of the Application, including by storing your preferences and selected or favorite items;
- Publish promotions and advertising more relevant to users, in accordance with their preferences; and
- to transmit to the merchants and breweries partnering with Birre & Co data on consumption and purchasing habits of our customers, which may include age, sex and postal code (your name and address are not disclosed and no data associated with your identity is provided to merchants and breweries without your specific consent).
We also use the information collected automatically, on an anonymous basis, in order to, inter alia:
- Monitor Application traffic;
- Improve Application performance, including by assessing which pages or features are most seen or used by visitors; and
- Perform analyses about traffic to the Application.
Storage of Personal Information
We keep collected personal information until concerned individuals request that it be deleted or until such time where it is not required by our activities. However, except as required by applicable laws and regulations, we do not commit to keep any information for a determined length of time.
Collected personal information is stored in electronic format on servers at various physical locations, which are subject to change and may be located outside of Canada.
Collected information is protected by commercially reasonable security measures considering the sensitivity of the information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information to our merchants and breweries partners, as set forth in this policy. This information generally does not allow the identification of individuals.
In the event where the sale or restructuring of the enterprise carried out by Birre & Co. is contemplated (a “Transaction”), we reserve the right to disclose collected information, including personal information, to persons and organizations involved both before and after the Transaction, whether or not it is actually completed. Such persons or organizations shall commit to keep personal information confidential and to use same only to the extent required to assess the opportunity of the Transaction or in compliance with this Policy.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties if compelled by competent authorities or if expressly permitted by law.
You may access our personal information or ask that erroneous information be corrected. You must make a written request to that effect at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to your written request at the latest within 30 days of receipt and will give you reasonable access to your personal information within what is permitted by applicable law. Fees could apply in certain cases.
We may verify the identity of individuals seeking to access personal information. Any information provided for identification purposes will not be recorded nor used for any other purpose.
We abide by the laws and regulations governing unwanted electronic communications. If you no longer wish to receive electronic communications from Birre & Co., you may so advise us at any time in writing at the following address: email@example.com.
We will continue to have the right to contact you about your transactions, requests for information or in connection with the handling of your personal information.
Changes to this Policy
Any claim, dispute or complaint with respect to the subject matter of this Policy shall be brought before the competent authority of the Province of Quebec or Canada, sitting in the judicial district of Montreal, hereby excluding any other forum or jurisdiction.
For any additional information about our handling of personal information, please contact us at the following address: