It is finally apple harvest time!
Yes. It is officially time to harvest apples! Pick-your-own apple harvesting is a tradition that has existed for a very long time in Quebec. It is an outdoor family activity thoroughly enjoyed by all. At this time of the year, apple orchards are very popular.
But what do I do with all of these apples?
Birre&Co. has the following excellent recipe for apple crisp to offer:
- 6 apples, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- A pinch of cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Place the apples and cinnamon in a square baking dish.
- Pour the maple syrup over the apples and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, salt and butter until the mixture has the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375°F. Do not cover.
Do you love cider?
Great timing because it’s apple season and it’s easy to taste ciders right at the orchards. It’s the perfect time to discover the lovely selection of apple ciders that Quebec has to offer.
Discover our new customized theme entitled “Falling for Apples,” which groups together all the ciders sold in Quebec. Our theme includes over 70 different ciders.
The following are two apple ciders to be enjoyed from among our selection:
The CID houblonné
- Milton Cidery
- Slightly bitter with herbal, lemon, citrus, and floral notes
The Urban Cider
- Carbonated sparkling cider
Download the Birre&Co. mobile app to discover our vast selection of products and get exclusive discounts!
Apple Store: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/birre-co/id1245788713?l=en&mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.mango.birreco
Poster un Commentaire